Do you want to impact the lives of young people in our communities in a positive way? Are you a Social Worker or Counsellor keen to assist with violence in schools?
Apply for a yearlong paid volunteering programme with Vodacom Change the World and give learners a safe space to express themselves and ask for help, while equipping educators with the tools to manage violence in schools.
Vodacom Foundation // Change The World 2020
School Psychosocial Support Coordinator.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified persons for this twelve-month volunteering position in the following provinces, Mpumalanga, KZN and Gauteng. The position requires a proactive person with strong facilitation and negotiation skills. The successful candidates will be responsible for the capacity building, mentoring and monitoring of the Change the World programme with several schools to ensure the Psychosocial well-being of learners.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in social work or a suitable four-year qualification in the social sciences (a relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage).
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel when required.
- An understanding of current education and school health policies and the various child protection legislation is essential.
Experience: This should be supported by substantial experience in the design and implementation of therapeutic programmes including group work, community work, and monitoring and evaluation of psychosocial programmes for children of school going age. Experience in prevention and support to children and young people affected by gender-based violence is essential.
Skills: Strong communication (verbal and writing), inter-personal and networking skills are essential as well as the ability to liaise with officials at Circuit and/ or district levels of government and key stakeholders in the field.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team. She/he will:
- Train learners, educators, school management teams and children’s clubs on the Change the World Psychosocial Support Package. Monitor the success of the programme, work with school management teams to unblock barriers to the programme.
- Represent Vodacom in meetings with District officials and meetings with local stakeholders.
- Liaise with and report to Vodacom Foundation
- Manage internal and external partnerships.
Short-listed candidates will be required to make a presentation to the interview panel.